Search Box

الرئيسية Chateau Royal de Chambord

Chateau Royal de Chambord

Chateau Royal de Chambord

- as you can see from the pictures, this is no doubt the biggest and the most opulent castle on the Loire Valley. It has 426 rooms, 282 fireplaces and some people believe it is the work of Leonardo da Vinci. Its construction began around the year 1519. This castle was never intended to provide defense from enemies, but to serve as a hunting place for king Francis I(the estate covers 5440 hectars) , who used it for short periods of time, I think mainly for showing off his wealth . I can’t even imagine how hard must be heating this place in the winter. Since the year 1930 the castle belongs to the French government. The entrance fee for adults is 9,50€ and it will give you the chance to see a lot of trophies, stairs, giant rooms , in one expression -walk until your feet fall off. I am a fan of the quotation: ”Less is more”, so this castle was a little too big for my taste.
Giant Chateau de Chambord in France
Giant Chateau de Chambord in France
Roof design of Chateau de Chambord in France
Roof design of Chateau de Chambord in France
- See more at: http://allonfrance.com/top-10-castles-in-the-loire-valley/#more-326
Powered by Blogger.